From the decks of the venerable Rip Van Winkle cruise boat, you will relax and enjoy a clear view of historic Hudson River lighthouses, waterfront mansions, and other notable locations on this 2-hour Sightseeing Cruise. Highlighted by our knowledgeable cruise staff, you’ll see some of the region’s most unique and fascinating locations on the Hudson River waterfront! You will learn about:
- Hudson River lighthouses including the Rondout Lighthouse and the Esopus Meadows Lighthouse
- The Wyndcliff Mansion, at one time one of the most opulent and extravagant homes on the east shore of the Hudson.
- The “Dinsmore,” built in 1936 for Mr. and Mrs. Lytell Hull
- Wilderstein, a restored Victorian mansion that originally was an Italian Villa design
- The benchmark of Victorian opulence: The Vanderbilt Mansion
- Now known as Marist Mid Hudson Valley Camp is the unusual estate known as the Payne Mansion.
- The Rosemont: originally known as the “Tank & Tummy” tavern when it opened in the Hudson River Valley in 1740.
- Staatsburg: formerly the home of Ogden Mills, has 65 rooms and 14 bathrooms, with an interior rich with marble fireplaces, oak paneling, and gilded ceilings.
Other highlights of your Hudson River sightseeing cruise include the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge that connects East Kingston with Rhinebeck, the Esopus Meadows, and the impressive Mt. St. Alphonsus seminary, a castle-like seminary.